My Budget Cafe, Milk Tea- Penang Malaysia


We were at the night market and my cousin was taking along time to make a decision on what she was buying, lol.  I looked across the street and saw a cafe, Budget Cafe. I was super excited at the thought of some, what I call- Thai Tea (Tea with condensed milk).
I ran across the street and found my thai tea!!!  I realize here they call it milk tea.


Teh Tarik - Tea with condensed milk, sweet
Teh O Panas - same tea without ice
The Panas (=hot) is optional, sometimes you will get the drinks with ice anyway so you add "panas" just to make sure.
If you want a cold drink you just add "ais" to it:
Teh Ais - Ice Tea with condensed milk
Important: every drink in Malaysia is by default very (very) sweet. I would recommend to order everything with the magic words "kurang manis" (=less sweet)



I got the tea to go and I got it in this bag!!!  Oh yeah, a plastic bag.  She poured the tea in the bag, then took some string and tied it to one end.  There was a loop that I could carry the bag on my wrist.  
When walking around you see people all over drinking from these plastic, to go, bags.



This was so much fun. I felt like a national while walking around with my bag.  I enjoyed my bag so much that I washed it out and brought it home.  It is the little things in life.


A beautiful sunset that night!!  I imagine every night has a beautiful sunset, but this is one I walked to the beach to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment