Making Homemade Tao Lavender, fresh mint, raspberry leaves, and lemon balm Iced Tea





When I make tea I almost always use raspberry leaves, I don't think it gives any extra flavor, but the leaves are good for stomach issues, women's issues, and each leaf is packed with potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B, and vitamin E, along with a number of powerful antioxidants and alkaloids that give the tea such a diverse range of health benefits.



I love the summer if for nothing else the fresh mint for tea.  I can not stand the heat, but I love fresh mint from garden in my tea.


I also use my lemon balm in tea as well.





I mix all these flavors together and come out with some pretty fantastic tea.  I put the lavender in a tea bag, so the lavender does not into the tea.

I only add about 1/3 cup of sugar




I usually make two batches of tea with all the herbs from the garden.
  If I don't have much mint  in my garden I use Bigelow Plantation Mint.  I think that the mint in that tea is almost as good as the peppermint tea in from my garden.



I have my kitchen turned into my tea station.  I love playing with all my tea.  I encourage you to play with your tea too.  Try mixing flavors together.  Try teas you would drink hot, cold.  And teas you normally drink cold- drink them hot.  Play around with your tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment