Journey in Time, Market Days- My first pop up







My first ever pop event....

Journey in Time threw out this offer of a Farmers Market- and people ran with it! So, they decided to move forward with the market. YEA!!







I said I was interested and decided to give it a go! What could it hurt to give this a shot, right?
I can't believe that in less than 8 months I have started doing home tea parties, tea classes once a month in my home and now pop up events.  This is all so exciting.  This is just what I dreamed of and it is happening so fast.


Here are some of the people who will be at the market, it was a great turn out. I wish I had been able to walk around and see others, but once at my table I could not leave.


If you missed my first time at the market...I will be there again...July 22.

 







Look for this sign on Route 57- and come find me!!


Journey in Time is the wonderful shop just outside of town.  I love to come and look around here for tea cups and tea pots.



Just the other day I was here checking about the pop up market and I ran into my parents!!!! I was super shocked, I love a small town.  They were working on their booth.  They are having a blast this year with their booth.



I headed to the grocery store for some water. I knew I would not have access to water the day of the market.  I think I did try to take on too much- because I dropped one in the store...clean up on aisle 6.  


I may have gotten too much water.  But, these 2 gallon jugs will come in handy for all my parties.  I make the tea concentrate up at home and add the water at the party- so the tea does not slosh around in the car.


I also decided to get a prize wheel. Which I have to say was a huge hit.  I had some fun things like:
get a an 18 oz cup of tea for the price of a 12 oz
Get $1 off
Do Tea Shots with Kerrie
Take a selfie with Kerrie
Get $5 off a party
etc...


I made my tea concentrates Friday night.
I did the butterfly pea tea, which was a crowd favorite.  I also had 5 bubble teas.  I realized now, that I had too many choices.  Next time I may only do 2 bubble teas and then do 2 iced teas. 

Bubble Tea is a popular fade right now and so I want to keep up with it, but tea tea is what I love.  I want to be able to talk about flavors and tea...so I want to make more of those and let my passion for them shine through.


Bubble Tea flavors....


Saturday morning...Gum Drop was filled to the brim with tea supplies.  I headed to the market around 8 to set up.


A couples bags of ice from the local gas station and now I am ready to go!

        

I used to sell Thirty One...and boy, are these bags coming in handy!  They are great to carry my supplies in.  I actually have five bags that I am using for this pop up.  Super sturdy and helpful!

                 

My table...I have a lot going on...but, it worked for me.

I offered people several way to pay too...cash, venmo, paypal, and Zelle.  The variety of paying options worked well for me.  I had several people pick the app option.


I had straws for the iced tea and straws for the bubble tea. I also had flowers from my garden on my table.


Ready or not, here we go....


The gal along side me had an adorable retro trailer!  I have to say I was bit jealous!!  It was so cute and she has all the storage right there.  



I had a helper today...Fiona.  She is the daughter of a co-worker.  Her sister stopped by too.  Her sister, Alex, was one of my very first every parties!! I did her birthday party last fall.


The prize wheel was a huge hit!  I am so glad I purchased it.  (Amazon $30) I took lots of selfies with customers and some tea shots with others.  It was really fun.


I had 5 co-workers stop by and say hi and get tea.  I also had 6-7 people from church pop in. Along with several friends and neighbors.  What a fun time!!  I loved hanging with people.


My parents made an appearance too.




Butterfly Pea tea- lavender and Mint tea with lemonade,  Passion Fruit, Watermelon, Coconut, Taro, and Mango Bubble Tea on tap.



It was a long hot day.  I set up around 8:30 and stayed until about 4...it wore more out.  But, I enjoyed it.


I unloaded in the yard and then hosed the items down.


I realized that pre-soaking items in the yard with a hose and dish soap works really well.  I let items soak and then I could take them inside as I had room and wash them.


No comments:

Post a Comment