Tea Wisdom, Tea Library - Lemon Ginger and Moroccan Mint

I have a friend I am helping with a book project.  As a thank you he sent me this package.  I loved it.  And with gifts as my love language it was right up my alley.  All the items have meaning and I am blessed to have good friends.  And I can't wait to tell you about the poem journal he is writing!


I love surprises!!  So, when this box came in the mail I was super excited!!!


Check out all these items!!  A Bible journal, a journal, tea, a purple mug with blessings on it- Blessings is my life word and purple is m favorite color, a Colorado Starbucks mug, lotions, a special wall sign, and some napkins with peacocks on it.  When we were in the DR together on a mission trip there were peacocks every where.  All the items are special.

I would encourage you to encourage someone this week with a special gift.  It doesn't have to be as big as this.  It can be a card thanking someone for something they have done, it could be a gift card some where they like to go, it could be anything you want it to be that would mean something.


I can not wait to try all all the items.  The first thing I did was make myself a cup of the Lemon Ginger green tea. 



The Tea Library came with four kinds of tea.  The first one I tried was the Lemon Ginger.  I also made the Moroccan Mint as an iced Tea.  Both were wonderful!!!



These tea although there are not loose leaf tea, they were great!  The flavors and aromas came through right as I opened the bag.  I looked on line, but I was not able to find a website for them either.



These is a green tea, so I heat the water to about 175 degrees and steep for about 3 minutes. I was able to get two cups of tea from one bag.


This was a really nice tea with notes of ginger and lemon.  It was not a grassy green tea, I thought it was really nice.


To make the iced tea, I used 8 bags of the Moroccan Mint tea  (and also Lemon Ginger tea) and 1/3 cup of sugar.
Since it is a green tea, I heated the water in my kettle to 185 degrees.  I filled the pitcher 1/4 of the way up with the hot water, putting the 8 tea bags in and the 1/4 sugar.   I let it steep for 10 minutes and then took out the tea bags and filled the rest of the pitcher up with cold water and put in the fridge.

This is an easy way to make iced tea.

I also made the green Lemon Ginger Iced Tea....


You do not need need much sugar at all, this is a great way to cut sugar in your life.  Use less sugar each time you make iced tea.  



Sugar and tea bags in the bottom of the pitcher and then add the hot water.


Once done steeping I add more water to fill up the pitcher and put in the fridge to cool.




I am giving both the hot tea and the iced tea 5 tea cups.  The flavors are great.  Since I did not buy these teas, I can not comment on the price- only the flavor.  And the flavors are good.  The mint iced tea is delicious and the Moroccan Mint is just what you would hope for in a mint tea.  I hope you are able to stumble upon these tea sometime.  If I see it while out and about I would buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment