Hunan Coventry mango bubble tea at the Asian Festival in Cleveland





The Asian Festival did not disappoint.  What a fun day.  It opened at 11 am and we got there around 11.  We are glad we did, it was not too busy then, it was also not too hot in the early morning.



We came, we saw, we ate our way through the Asian Festival!!!


I got some Mango bubble tea from Hunan Coventry.   I have to say it was not the greatest.  The tea was just okay, and the tapioca balls were hard and not chewy.  I get that it is hard to keep them "fresh" at a festival...so I will give some grace.


I did like containers they served the bubble tea.  (See below)  If I start to do more pop ups, this is the way to cart the tea and serve it....


The bubble tea to me wasn't great.  The price was decent though, $6 is about average and for the size of the cup that is good.  But, the tapioca balls were not good.  I also was not a huge fan of the mango flavor. It was not overly mango forward, it was sweet, but a little fake tasting.  I would give them a second chance- cause I know festivals or cooking outside it stressful and not like cooking in your restaurant.



I am always a sucker for a city sign....




I was excited to see Li Wah.  I have been there twice before and the food is really good.



I ordered some dumplings and they were yummy.  They had so many fun options, it was hard to decide what to pick.  My friends let me try the bao bun, it was yummy too!!



We watched the dancing dragons for a while.


I had an egg custard- and I have to say it might be my favorite thing I ate!!!  It was sweet and hot and so delicious. I bought that from Ball o Ball.



I also purchased these waffle balls - they were chocolate with peanut butter topping and condensed milk.


 I also got some sesame balls and macaroons that were very tasty too!!  Red Bean Bakes had lots of fun sweet treats.


The macaroons were mix and matched in the container.  You did not know what you were getting. My friends and I got different ones, so we shared.  They were delicious!  I love macaroons and I love even more that they are gluten free.






Lastly, on the way out I got an egg roll from this super helpful woman!!!  She talked to me about her van that she had turned into her food truck.
She had great egg rolls and her home made sauces were fantastic!




We stayed from about 11:15-1.


Then we headed to a vintage store and then to Edge Water Park.




We walked around the water and I found this heart shaped piece of sea glass.







We then went for dinner at this fun diner., Clifton.  There food was home made and delicious.  I had a portabella mushroom, grilled red pepper spinach wrap with sweet potato fries.


What a fun day with friends!!  I love traveling around and exploring a part of Cleveland.


No comments:

Post a Comment