Kidron Historical Homecoming Tea Pop Up

I headed down to Kidron for their Historical Homecoming Celebration on Saturday.  It was fun because my dad worked at Schantz Organ years ago and my mom is on the Kidron Historical Committee, so it was day to combine two things of my parents.

I thought I would try a tea pop up here...



I made my Passion Iced Tea, my Lavender Butterfly Pea Tea, a Peach Tea, and then just a plain Black Iced Tea.

My lavender Butterfly Pea Tea used local lavender, peppermint and some lemon- then I add the butterfly Pea Blossom.  The Pea Blossom is what turns the tea a beautiful purple color.  It is my biggest seller.


I got all my tea gear together...shirt, earrings, necklace, glasses, watch band and socks, lol.

The loading and unloading of the car is one of my least favorite things about pop up events...well, that and washing the tea ware after the show.  But, talking to people about tea is my favorite thing.  Sharing tea with people who already love it- or sharing it with someone who didn't think they liked tea...and then they realize that they do!  I love this.

Thankfully the gas station right by my house sells ice, so I can pick up my ice the morning of my events.  I want the iced tea to be COLD!!


I picked flowers from my garden for my table.  I think that there should always be flowers on my table.


Kidron is about 10 minutes away.  It is where my mom grew up, went to church, and school. 


The Sonnerberg Village in Kidron has become a destination place!!
They have serval fun buildings and barns on the property.  Check them out!




My tea sign at the pop up...


I got my table all set up



My parents got me a tent covering, which is wonderful- it was hot!!!


We struggled at first to put the tent up, but finally figured it out.



I had some friends come and visit at my booth....

The hibiscus is one of my favorites, but it seems to scare people off- they think it will be tart.  So, I have found giving samples of the teas does help.


I sent my mom home with some flowers and tea....  We were supposed to go until 3pm.  But, it got dark and storms were coming, so I closed down around 2:15/2:30.


We shut down early because storms were coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment