Old Mr Bailiwick, Mt Vernon


I driving through Mt Vernon with my parents and I was looking for tea places.  Then I remembered that a friend tagged me about this tea place right off the square of town.  So, we decided to stop and see what it was like.


The entrance is down the steps to the left of the AC Unit.

 I have to admit it was a bit spooky going down the steps and entering the building.  It looked like a science lab.  Lots of potion looking bottles, but they did have tea.




I decided to try this lavender lemon blend after talking to the owner.  He said he mixes his own teas.  


I decided to make it as a iced tea.  
I added 6 scoops of tea in my tea ball, added 1/3 C of Sugar and hot water- enough to cover the tea ball.  I let it steep for 10 minutes, filled the rest of the pitcher with cold water and then put in the fridge.

I have to say it smelled amazing.  The lavender and lemon flavors came through right away.


And I can say I judged to quickly the appearance of the shop, but I am so glad I bought the tea.  It was wonderful!


This tea was really good.  The flavors are on point.  The price was decent.  The owner was kind and helpful.  This was a great tea!  Check out the website and see all that is available.


No comments:

Post a Comment