Ohio Tea Company Moroccan Mint- cold brew


Gunpowder green tea | Organic Peppermint | Organic Spearmint

This is a really nice tea.  I am not a huge fan of gunpowder green tea, but the peppermint and spearmint come through really nicely.  I like this tea cold brewed over heated.  But, that is a personal choice.

The pitcher I used is great for cold brew, it has a filter in the middle.  I can add tea to brew to the infuser basket and then once the tea is ready I can pull the basket out.  I got it when I sold Tealightful.  I looked and they no longer sell them, but I found one like it on line.




Cold brew is a great way to drink tea.  By not heating it, you are not releasing the tannins and you can add cold water over and over again. Also you retain more antioxidants than hot brew and also it releases only half the caffeine.  I usually can add water 2-3 more times to my glass.

If I have bagged tea I do one bag per 8 oz of water.  When I do the loose leaf in a pitcher, I generally eye ball it, but if you want something more specific go with 4 Tbsp per 1 quart.

No comments:

Post a Comment