Making Candied Apples with Maple Chai Tea

My office was having an apple contest.

I decided to make the candied apples I used to love as a kid.  I then added Ohio Tea Companies, Maple Chai Tea for some depth of flavor and some warming spices.



I peeled and cored the apples.



I took 4 Tbsp Chai Tea (in a tea bag)
2 Tbsp Caramel Syrup
2 bags of Cinnamon Candies
1/4 C Sugar
5 C water

I melted the candies in the water mixture.



Once the candies were melted I added apples to the liquid.



I added all the apples.  I kept stirring and making sure the liquid got on all the apples,




I changed my aunt's recipe a bit, below is her recipe.


After 15 minutes I put the apples in the 9X13 and poured the liquid over the apples.  I put in the fridge overnight.


I served them cold - but you could easily serve them warm.



We had lots of fun items submitted.  And I didn't win anything, but I was glad I created a new recipe. 


There are a few things I tried.  The sandwiches were my favorite- I ate it without the bun. 


After my lunch my friends and I went in search of Sunflowers....we were not successful.  But ,we had lots of laughs.



No comments:

Post a Comment