Orange Pekoe and Chai my new tea kittens


Below is Pekoe and his half sister...she almost looks like a rag doll cat.


I was so sad and shocked when my Earl Grey passed away.  I had to put her sleep, she had a grapefruit size tumor.  But, God in His graciousness gave me an inexplainable peace.  I was sad, but not devastated.  And within a day or two I was ready to look again.

A friend told me about some $5 barn kittens.  
I said I would not do kittens.
I did not want kittens/cats with fleas, lice, mites, etc
I wanted fixed cats
I wanted declawed cats
I got nothing I wanted!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA


I saw them and said I will take them, both of them.
I have a brother and sister.
Orange Pekoe is super loving and loves to fall asleep on me.  He is the boy.
The girl is Chai and she is super shy.


First thing getting home, they got a flea treatment.  I only saw one live flea on them, but where there was one, I thought there could be more.

They stayed in the laundry room the first night until I could be sure they were litter trained.  The got the liter box thing quickly!!!


This was night one...I was nervous they might not get the litter box thing when they were laying in it, lol!!


Sunday, they got shampooed and brushed and moved into the downstairs of the house.


They love being together and play well, so far.


They are learning what to scratch and what not too...that is going better than I hoped.


Chai is sticking her tongue out at me!
They do seem to eat and drink and even use the litter box together.


They climb and lay on the landing banister, which I don't mind...as long as they don't roll each other off.  They have done an incredible job of never jumping up on the counter, the table, or climbing one of my 6 pencil trees.


I took them to the vet and Friday and they are healthy.  So, now they have been given free run of the house...all the floors.  




They like to hang out while I get ready in the morning and we chat about our days.


They are now sleeping in my bed too!  I am so happy to have 2 adorable, healthy kittens.

Orange Pekoe attended his first tea, just a week after I got him.  He came in all on his own and met the ladies.  This thrills me to know I still have a tea cat.  Chai is super shy and I am not sure she will ever join a tea party, but I love her anyway!!!


They have an Instagram page...Orange Pekoe and Chai

Feel free to follow them on their adventures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment