Global Tastes, The Chai Journey...trying Tulsi Ginger Chai Tea



I was doing another product test and thrilled this one is tea related!!!

The packaging is super clever and fun.  It looks just like a book....which is fitting since it is 'The Chai Journey' 





This package comes with 4 fun chai teas.  They each focus on a different area.  It's really clever and I love it!!!










I frothed my milk for the chai.  I can't wait to try this Tulsi Chai.  I like Tusli, also known as Holy Basil.  I have tried a really good tea that was only Holy Basil and it was really good and had a bit of a peppery/herbal taste.  It reminded me of herbs from my herb 4H garden when I was in elementary school.  The flavors bring back good memories.



"Holy basil is a plant. It is originally from India but now grows in Australia, West Africa, and some Middle Eastern countries. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine as an "adaptogen" to counter life's stresses. It is considered a sacred plant by the Hindus and is often planted around Hindu shrines. The Hindu name for holy basil, Tulsi, means "the incomparable one." Medicine is made from the leaves, stems, and seeds.

Holy basil is commonly used by mouth to help with anxiety and stress. It is also used for diabetes and high cholesterol. But there is limited scientific research to support these and other uses.

In cooking, holy basil is often added to stir-fry dishes and spicy soups because of its peppery taste. Cookbooks sometimes call it "hot basil."
Chemicals in holy basil are thought to decrease pain and swelling (inflammation). Other chemicals might lower blood sugar in people with diabetes."  https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1101/holy-basil



All varieties of Holy Basil are astringent, pungent, warm and sweet, with notes of peppermint, cloves, licorice, or lemon



This chai is really good.....it's simply black tea, holy basil, and ginger.  It's well balanced and delicious.



I frothed some milk and added it to the chai.



I then added some crystal sugar.




I was able to get two cups of tea out of the 1 teaspoon.  For my second cup of tea I added lavender to the cup, it was just as good as the first cup!!


Play with your chai's and don't be afraid to add fun flavors to your drink.

I can't wait to try the other three chai teas in the package!







No comments:

Post a Comment