Victorian Tea at Zimmerman Bury Octagon House





My  Lehman family did a Mothers Day tea at the Octagon House in Orrville.  Can you believe I live less than 10 minutes from this tea room and in 49 years I have never been?!  I have been wanting to go, but just never got there.  You do need a group to go and it is by reservation only.




All the mom's got flowers too.


The staff all wore period outfits and looked amazing!!

We had a 45 minute history lesson on the house and the Zimmerman family.


Then the main event, the food!  It was $20 a person and worth every penny. 


The table was beautifully set and the food was really good. 


There were two rooms we could sit in to eat.  This was the back room.


This was the front room. It had two tables.




Aren't they all adorable??  I believe those who help are all local volunteers.




Everything was well marked and they were so helpful in serving.



I had Welsh Rarebit for the first time...kind of like fondue.


I also had Tomato Aspic for the first time.  Glad I can say I tried it, but to me it was eating ketchup.  I did not go back for seconds, lol.


I skipped the healthy eating plan and tried it all!!


Second time around, I got all my favorites....yes, that is basically the same plate, minus the Aspic. My favorite might have been the scones and the lemon tarts.  But, everything was really well done and so very tasty.

They had a three kinds of hot tea and pink punch.  They hope to start growing some mint and herbs on the grounds and making their own tea.  I am excited for them!


5 out of 5!  Great time and really wonderful tasting food.





We did not get to tour the house, but for me the coolest thing was the staircase.  You can see all the way up to the top.


There was food left over and my mom was trying to sneak some out... She did get caught, haha.  I must admit I grabbed a treat on my way out too.


Happy Mother's Day to my sweet momma!!





If you get the chance you would take a group there!  It was really a fun day.




No comments:

Post a Comment