Home tea party, a birthday party

A friend I had not seen in over 10 years reached out to see if I would do a birthday tea for her mom.  I said absolutely!!!

Her mom doesn't do caffeine, so we made it a caffeine free tea.  I gathered some fun teas that had no caffeine and started prepping.

Herbal teas have no caffeine, because they are herbs and there is no actual tea in it.
Rooibos teas have no caffeine either.
Then you can also get black, green, oolong, white, yellow, and others as decaf teas.


I like to type out what is in every tea, so that if there are allergies people know what is in the tea.  Also, since I don't sell the tea people can know where the tea is from.


Oolong is my favorite, so I love serving it.
So, I found a decaf to try out before the party, PurelyNative.  I wanted to have one real tea, since all the others were herbal or rooibos. I decided it was a winner and would serve it.


You can see that the leaves open up when the water is added.  They call this the agony of the leaves.  They dance in agony in the water.


I put my fun tea pins on for this tea.


I also worked on my Butterfly Pea tea...Purple Palmer.  
It is somewhat green in color if you had a little bit of Butterfly Pea Blossoms, then if you add more it gets blue in color.
Then once you add citrus (lemonade) to the tea is turns purple.

For this caffeine free blend, I did spearmint, lavender, butterfly pea blossom, and mixed it with lemonade. 


This tea is always a big hit.  I then also took blueberry bursting boba as a treat for them as well.


I arrived at the house about 30 minutes before the tea was to start to get set up and start making the teas.


This is my friend, who I met when I was selling Thirty One bags.


Their table looked great.  This was a tea for the mom, her three daughters, and three granddaughters.  They used family tea cups which is really special!


They each brought food- which is a nice way to do it, so not just one person is responsible for it all.  They had scones, lemon bars, chicken salad croissants, eclairs, cucumber sandwiches and more.


I would serve a tea and then we would talk about it.  Talk about the notes they were tasting.  I shared tea stories and told them facts about each tea.

It is funny how we all have unique taste buds.  One of the favorites of the day, is one of my least favorites.  But, you never know what people are going to like or enjoy.  I was glad I brought a variety.  And it is nice that they were willing to try them all...because you never know what you will enjoy.  


How adorable is the birthday girl???


Mothers and daughters enjoying tea.....


I just love seeing people coming together to enjoy tea and each other.  



Let me know if you want to have a tea at your home.  I do charge .60 a mile, but the first 5 miles are free.



For educational teas for groups over 20 people I charge $8 a person.
Over 50- $7 a person and over 100 - $6 a person. 





No comments:

Post a Comment