2013 Steve Smith Teamaker

 
Traveling to see my sister in Vancouver, WA I really wanted to visit some tea houses.  I was on vacation for 12 days, and one of my FAVORITE things we did was visit Steve Smith Teamaker.  Being the tea lover that I am, I loved trying all the flights of tea.  Meeting Steve was a bonus.   I learned that Steve Smith started Stash Tea- then sold it.  Started Tazo Tea and then sold it. Now makes Smith Tea.  It is a true art what he does.  If I ever get my own tea house, I will sell Smith Tea there!!!!
 
 
Steve Smith Teamaker...getting ready to visit the shop and try some tea
 

Sisters wearing our Fez's while enjoying Fez Tea!
 

Aaron, a teamaker, brewing our tea.  If you visit Smith Teamaker, and I hope you do.  I hope you are lucky enough to have Aaron help you.  He was a genius with the tea knowledge.  We so appreciated all of his help.

enjoying tea with owner, Steve Smith (okay, he did not have tea with us, but he did ask to be in a photo with us)

tea tasting (flights)....try 4 tea's of your choice for $8.00

 
Bai Hao Oolong, White Petal (white), Fez (green), and Mao Feng Shui (green)
also came with some crackers- I forgot to ask what they were

 
 
 
My sister, our friend Julie, and I picked out 12 teas...4 each.  We would sample the tea with a spoon, rinse it in the water and then taste the next tea. once we sampled all 4 in front of us, we would pass the tray to the next person.  We were told that the louder we slurped off the spoon the better.

Herbal teas- Big Hibiscus, Honeybush, Peppermint, Red Nectar
 

Black Teas-Brahmin, Bungalow, Masala Chai, and Lord Bergamot
 

one of my favorites really was the Fez Tea- I bought some home to Ohio

 
Once we tasted all 12, we picked out our favorites to "finish" off.  Every ones favorite was the Chai!

 
each tea tasting comes with a cup of tea, a sample of loose leaf tea and a card telling about the tea and it's orgin

 
At smith's you can see them making the tea

 

 
Could not wait to get home and brew up a cup for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment