PURPLE TEA!!!!! JusTea Purple Rain


WHAT?!!  A new tea!!!  And purple tea to boot!!  I can not believe that they have discovered a new tea.  
A true tea comes from the camellia sinensis plants.  It depends on how it is processed after it is picked to determine what kind of tea it becomes.  Purest  tea drinkers would say that only White Tea, Yellow Tea, Green Tea, Oolong Tea, Black Tea, and Pur-erh Tea are true teas.  Because Herbal Tea and Rooibos Teas as not from a Camellia Sinensis plant they can not be teas.

I am still researching all of this because I am fascinated by it all!!! Maybe the JusTea guys will invite me to Canada to be an intern and learn from them all about their teas :)  This purple tea comes from Kenya.   It is grown on the volcanic rich soil.  I love Kenya- my mom lived there for almost a year helping her brother with mission work...Kenya has a special place in my heart.

The jury is out on all on the health benefits.  I have read that some believe it is healthier than a green tea- but all seem to at least confirm it has less caffeine.  Some say boasting nearly twice as many antioxidants as any other tea.   I even saw on line that you can change the color of the tea.  I need to try that too.  But, I do love the color it is right now.

The tea is really pretty and it smells so amazing!!!

I found JusTea while just looking for new teas on line. The fun thing about buying this tea is that they send you a hand carved spoon with your tea.  I loved that.

The tea is a beautiful color.  I picked the purple rain blend since it had hibiscus in it, if you all remember I love hibiscus in my tea.  I like a sweet tea with the tartness of hibiscus.



From the Website, "JusTea has formed partnerships with small-scale farmers who grow and pluck tea to exacting standards. The farmer gets paid a fair price and you get fresh, quality tea."






I really like the flavor of this tea. I really really like that by buying this tea I am helping the tea farmers in Kenya.  You need to try this tea!!  Let me know what flavors you try and what you are liking the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment