Ken and Kathy tea cups


I lost my dear friend Kathy a few years ago and then this year I lost her husband and my friend Ken.  These were the dearest couple.  When I was in high school in the late 80's they used to come to the restaurant I worked in.  It was always so fun to wait on them and chat.
They were such an encouraging and prayerful couple.  I will miss them dearly.
It is always hard to loose someone, but as a Christian I know I will see them again in heaven.


When Kathy passed Ken was kind enough to give me some of her jewelry and things to remember her by.  It is nice and comforting to think of her when I see her things.  Now that Ken has passed I was given a few things to remember him by-  a purple blanket and two tea cups.


When you loose a love one do you have hope?  I pray you do.  If you don't I encourage you to message me, turn to your Bible, or find a local Bible believing church in your area.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord,we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:1-7)

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

I hope you find a relationship with Jesus, it is the only way to find true joy, happiness, and everlasting life.

Do you have things that remind you of people who have passed? It doesn't have to be something big or expensive, just something that reminds you of someone who has passed away, maybe even just a photo of a time shared with them. Does that item(s) bring you happiness and fond memories?  I know that when I use this blanket and these tea cups I will be happy to think of the wonderful times with Ken and Kathy.


No comments:

Post a Comment