Wallhouse Coffee, Ti Kwan Yin Oolong Tea



One of my friends told me about this coffee and tea place that was in Sugarcreek.  Sugarcreek is about 45 minutes away so I made a day of it.  Wallhouse opened in 2008.  It kind of reminds me of a Panera.



The inside was fun and there was lots of options for seating.


There are lots of food and drink options.  It took me awhile to even decide what to get.  I ended up getting a salad and an oolong tea.


The Ti Kwan Yin Oolong was very good. I was super excited to find an good oolong tea at a mainly coffee shop.  Oolong is my favorite tea, but the hardest for me to find in cafes.





The tea was a delightful surprise!!  It is a classic Chinese oolong.  It has slight mild orchid notes along with the typical oolong notes I love.  Wallhouse was very nice.  The prices were decent.  The staff was very helpful and friendly.  I would recommend this place if you are in the area. 
I gave this tea a 4 out of 5 tea cups.




While I was in Sugarcreek I checked out some of the shops in town.  Sugarcreek is also known as Little Switzerland.  I am Swiss on both sides of my family.  I have been to Switzerland once, but not to the town that I want to go, Grindlewald.  Grindlewald is where the Kaufmann side is from.  
I was in Lugano and Lucerne- both beautiful and gorgeous. 

Below are some pics from 1997...



Are you my knight in shining armor??




Boy, do I wish we had camera phones back then.  I lugged 18 rolls of film and my camera across Europe.  I was gone for two weeks with my aunt her college friend and my college friend.  It was a dream come true.  We did a tour and I just loved it.  We started in London, went to Paris, then Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany and Amsterdam.

The country side was my favorite.  It was so much fun exploring the places I had only read about in history books.




Now, back in 2021 and in Ohio.  I am checking out Little Switzerland, Sugarcreek Ohio.  It is a cute little town.  I stopped in an antique store and looked at the world's largest cuckoo clock.




This clock comes alive on the hour and half hour.  We used to see this clock when I was little.  It used to be on top of a restaurant in Sugarcreek, the Alpine Alpa.  I was not a fan of this restaurant, but my grandparents loved it, so we would go there with them.  The reward for going there was to see the clock at the end of the meal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment