Tea in Punta Cana DR- Cafe Santo Domingo - hot chai and frozen matcha


I was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for a missions trip.  I wish I could show you the kids I worked with.  They were amazing!!  The DR is beautiful and the people are so friendly and lovely.  I just wish it was not so hot, lol!!

One day I took the kids up into the mountains to visit some monkeys and a botanical garden.


So beautiful and lush!  We had several rain showers along the way.



These squirrel monkey's were adorable!!  They only weighed about 2 pounds.  They kept jumping from person to person.  


I needed to get supplies for some Minute it to Win it games, so we headed to downtown Punta Cana for some shopping.  We headed to the downtown Punta Cana Mall.  The store I love is Jumbo.



I was excited to get a chai latte at the mall.  I remembered this place from September 2021 when I was last here.  This was the only place I was able to find tea in the area.


The first trip I got a hot chai.  It was incredible!!!  I loved it!!! It's got a chocolate creaminess to the chai.  Their is a spice and sweetness to it, it was so good!  The conversion would be 115 Dominican Peso and only $2.13 for the US dollar.  SO WORTH IT!!


Price is good!  Staff was friendly and the taste was incredible!!!  One of the best chai teas I have ever had...I think even better than last year.   The only thing I wish the cup was bigger!





Shopping in Jumbo- the grocery store.  Kind of like a US Walmart or Target.


I picked up some Kombucha to enjoy during the week as well.


We finished grocery shopping and I went back for another drink.  This time a frozen matcha.  It was really good and refreshing too.  The US cost is $2.59- what a deal!!  


The matcha only gets 4 teacups because it was a little sweeter than I like.  But, still good.




A few days later a friend wanted to some in to town, so I brought her here.



We bought chai lattes- it was so good!!  I mean, really good!!  These chai lattes were only $2.13 in US dollars.  I wish I could have gotten one of these everyday!!!  

The uber into town was only $5., but a taxi ride was $15.00!  I would recommend the uber!  I felt extremely safe in the both, but the Uber is so much cheaper!!  


5 teacups for sure!!!  I only wish they were about twice the size!!



On our taxi ride home I looked over and my friend was licking the inside of her cup.  I could not help but laughing.  I knew we were kindred spirits!  We both could not get enough of the chai lattes.


Ahh, DR,your beauty almost makes up for the humidity...almost.....



No comments:

Post a Comment