Kezia's Coffee, The Ark Encounter. Dirty Chai




My cousin and I have been talking about visiting the Ark in Kentucky.  I am so glad we made it work!!
I drove about 2 hours and met them in Ohio, then we car pulled the rest of the way to KY.  

The first day we spent at the Airbnb in Lexington, which is about 45 minutes from the Ark.  It was a nice area to stay in.  Then Thursday we went to the Ark.

We showed up right when it opened and I have to say it was fantastic.  It was not crowed at all and I felt I could look at all the exhibits I wanted without being rushed.

We spent 3-4 hours there and I felt I got to see everything I wanted to see and do what I wanted.  But, I could see how people spend way more time than that there. 


"Ark Encounter features a full-size Noah’s Ark, built according to the dimensions given in the Bible. Spanning 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, this modern engineering marvel amazes visitors young and old. Ark Encounter is situated in beautiful Grant County in Williamstown, Kentucky, halfway between Cincinnati and Lexington and right off I-75." from the website



I was so impressed with everything about the Ark.  Just incredible that God had Noah build a boat that big back then...I mean it took 100 years, but still.  It was incredible, but it brought everything about the Ark more to life.


While there I visited the Kezia Cafe and purchased a dirty chai.





I give the dirty chai 5 tea cups.  The tea was good, the espresso did not over whelm the chai.  The flavors mixed well.  The staff was super friendly, the place was clean, and the price was decent.  


The ark and the exhibits were incredible.  I was so impressed how well everything was done.  I know that they don't know exactly how things were done, but this gives you an idea and it brings it all to life in such a real way.

Noah appears in the Bible in Genesis 5:29.  Then you can read about Noah and the ark starting in Genesis 6:11-9:28



I was a fan of the giraffe family that were throughout the park.

Not familiar with the Ark?  Read the Bible. Find out about God and His Faithfulness.  See why He destroyed the world, but saved one faithful family.  Learn what the rainbow means...and every time you see the rainbow you can remember God's promise.


There is also a petting zoo and animal section.  I had hoped to ride a camel but the lines were too long.


My only souvenir was this mug...which I got free.
For Christmas I got my dad this subscription to the Ark/Answers in Genesis magazine...and the color changing mug was free.  I  am hoping that after my dad reads the magazine he will share it with me.  I read the one there at the Ark and it had all kinds of interesting facts and articles.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment