12 Days of Organic Tea, Touch Organic




I was super excited and surprised to get this package in the mail the first of December.  My dear friend, from Colorado, sent me these 12 days of Christmas tea box!



So many fun teas in this set. 



I tried the White Bliss Tea and it was very nice.  I used my Bangkok mug, which I purchased when I was with my friend in Thailand.


White teas are usually pretty light, and this one was no exception.  You need to remember when  you make a white tea that you don't want to get the water too hot or you will bruise the leaves.  Unlike some other teas you can steep this tea little longer, since the water is not as hot.  You can steep between 4-6 minutes.  This one I usually steep on the longer end to get the most flavor.

One thing I recently learned is that white tea has fluoride in it and it good fighting bacteria in your teeth.
"White tea is a great source of fluoride, catechins and tannins .
This combination of molecules could help strengthen teeth by fighting bacteria and sugar.
Fluoride can help prevent dental cavities by making the surface of teeth more resistant to acid attacks by bacteria in combination with sugar.
Catechins are plant antioxidants that are abundant in white tea. They’ve been shown to inhibit the growth of plaque bacteria.
Tannins are another type of polyphenol in white tea. Studies show that the combination of tannins and fluoride could also inhibit the growth of plaque-causing bacteria."

I enjoy interesting facts like this.  Healthy benefits from something that I am already enjoying.  It is win/win.

I am also using another Christmas gift.  This tea bag holder is from another dear friend.  They picked it up in Deerfield Village in MI.

White bliss was a nice tea, I didn't pick up an flavor notes of anything specific, but it is a nice light tea.  I can't wait to try all the teas in this box!



No comments:

Post a Comment