Snowfield Oolong, Smith Tea




From the website, "Seven years from seed to cup, this exquisite, lightly-oxidized oolong is grown in Western China using the famous Green Heart cultivar from Taiwan. Notes of lilac, condensed milk and pineapple give you a rare taste of modern Chinese teamaking at its finest.

Origin: Xinghua, Baoshan Prefecture, Yunnan Province
Elevation: 2200 Meters 
Variety: Qingxin
Garden: Mingguang Garden

TASTING NOTES: Lilac, condensed milk, pineapple

INGREDIENTS:  Full leaf oolong from Yunnan Province"



When I make tea in the french press, I put the tea above the press so that I can lift the press when the tea is done steeping, that way I don't over steep it.  Or I put the loose leaf tea a tea bag to steep.


This is an oolong tea so, you don't want your water to boil.  I set my kettle to 185 degrees and I steep for 3-4 minutes.


This is a great tea, it has nice light floral notes.  There is a 
fruitiness as well.  I not say I taste lilac, but it has floral notes.  I would not say I taste pineapple, but I get a light fruit.  They also say condensed milk and I did not get that at all.  I do struggle with the tasting notes, so I am not surprised that I am not getting all that they are saying, but to be 0-3 does surprise me.

Regardless, of what they say the tasting notes are I like this tea a lot.  It is light and bright.

I am super glad I went for this unique tea.  I gave it 4 tea cups.  I love oolong and I do get the oolong flavors that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment