I hosted another tea. Maple Terrace Tea in Orrville Oh


For my third tea, I donated a tea to a local retirement village, OrrVilla.  

My aunt lives here and she loves it.  As a thank you to the people who work there, I had a tea for the residents.   They told me to expect 25-30.  I had 25- I was super excited!

It is true, when you set out to bless other- you usually get blessed in return.  And that is true here, it was a true blessing to give.


My office, lets us have days off for days of service.  In the past I have donated time to help my church youth group at the fair.  I have worked in the voting booth.  They encourage us to help in our community.  This year the tea was my day of service.

My friend Amy, from work, used this as her day of service too.  My mom also helped too.  I could not have done it without them.  We had 25 people to serve, it helped to have helpers!!


I did five hot teas and one iced tea.  This is my menu,  

We were doing the tea Thanksgiving week, as a Thanksgiving Tea- so I used fall teas.


I wore my fun new tea socks!


And I got this fun new brooch on Amazon that I wore too.  I thought it was fitting for the day.  My friend pointed it out to me.  It is only $7.99.  They have lots of shapes and designs too.




Mom and Amy helped me figure out my air pots.  It was handy to have a few hot teas made a head of time.  I made them about 30 minutes before I left.  They were still hot and delicious when I served them.


The ladies at OrrVilla did a great job decorating the tables.  Every person got a cookie too.





This is my aunt.  When she moved into OrrVilla she had to downsize.  Some of nieces were able to have some of her items. I got this tea pot and tea cup.  I thought it would be fun to bring them to the tea for her use.  I also made her a pot of Red Rose tea.  I am not a fan of Red Rose, but my aunt has a cup every night.  I  gave her a box of the tea to enjoy as well.




We had a great time serving tea and talking with the residents.  We had 24 women and 1 man.



We used tasting cups.  And served off the trays that my dad made for me.



Some of the ladies said that there were not big fans of tea, but they enjoyed trying the teas.


We had 5 tables of 5.  I think everyone had a great time.

One of the ladies at this table was a 4H advisor for me when I was in elementary school.


There did not seem to be one hands down favorite.  It did seem that everyone liked the salty caramel pumpkin latte with the milk I frothed in it.  Also the African Summer fruity tea was a hit.

I had them try to guess what was in some of the teas, but that did not go as well.   We only did that on a few teas.e 

One of the ladies at this table used to work for my grandparents when she was a little girl.  She made .15 an hour.  It was so nice to meet of her.


We did questions at the end.   I found out most of the ladies liked mint tea.  Some asked how they could make sun tea/ditch tea, while in OrrVilla.

I went to elementary school, Jr High, and High School with one of these ladies daughters.  I love a small town!!!


One of the ladies at this table worked at my elementary school and I don't think she has aged all.  I recognized her right away.


One of the ladies at this table I go to church with.  Also one lady asked ne if I had my own brick and mortar cafe.  I said not yet, but it was a dream of mine.  She said well, then let's pray about it.  How wonderful is that???




It was really a fun afternoon.  We did shots of Salty Caramel Pumpkin lattes when we were all done, lol.


This was the nice write up that OrrVilla put on Facebook.


Contact me if you would like to have a tea party.

I would love to help create the most fun tea party we can to suit you and your guests.



Update 12/10/2022









No comments:

Post a Comment