Hosting a tea party. Birthday tea party for 9 year old girls

Tea number 2 was for a co-workers daughter.

Her daughter was having her 9th birthday and they wanted to have a tea party.



I packed up my goodies and headed to the party destination!



Fun tea socks, check!!



Tea shirt, car logo, check, check!!


We were at our office for the party, and thankfully we have an elevator. 


Lesley did a great job with the decorations.


I brought the tea cups and saucers for the girls to use.  Each girl got to pick the tea cup that she wanted to use for the party.



I think the biggest hit of the party was the honey, sprinkles, and sugar cubes, lol!!




I made 5 hot teas, 1 kind of iced tea, and then she ordered a bubble tea flight for each girl.


I served the tea mystery tea style.  Before I told the girls what the tea was, they tried to guess the tea notes.  They got to taste the tea, smell the tea, and look at the loose leaf tea.  

They did a really nice job, I was impressed.


Here are the small plastic containers I used to put some of the loose leaf tea in.  The girls could see and smell the tea to help them guess the teas.


I made 4 bubble teas in the bubble tea flight...mango, Taro, Lavender, and coconut.


I had mango coconut jellies in one of the bubble teas.


I had strawberry bursting boba in one of the bubble teas.


I did brown sugar tapioca balls for one of the bubble tea.


I then did color tapioca pearls for the last bubble tea.


Here I am prepping the bubble tea tasting glasses.


Alex was curious about the teas and how I made them.  I was thrilled to share with her about water temp and steeping times and how important those items were.



The birthday girl picked out this tea cup.  I let her know it was the oldest tea cup, so she quickly decided that was the one she wanted to use.


I brought tea photo props and hats for the girls.  They seemed to have great time dressing up.


They were a delight!!  They were so sweet and funny.  They were polite and silly.  They all pretended to be princesses from other countries.



I poured them each a cup of tea and they tried to guess the flavors.

Then they poured honey in the tea, scooped spoonfuls of sprinkles, and lots of sugar cubes were put in their tea cups.  It made the purest in me cringe...but they were having fun.





It was a great day.  I had a wonderful time!!



If you are looking to have a tea party for friends, family, book clubs, Bible studies, or whatever, let me know.  I am happy to custom a party for your needs and wants.

I charge $40 for up to 8 people. If you have more than 8 people,  you can add more people for $5 a person.  I can also bring dishes if you want for a small fee.  I charge .50 a mile, after the first 5 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment