Global Tastes, Tales of Darjeeling Tea

Here is another product test.

I am so excited to keep finding tea items.





What is Darjeeling you may be wondering???  Darjeeling: Darjeeling tea is a tea grown in the Darjeeling district, Kalimpong District in West Bengal, India.  Grown high in the Himalayas, an elevation of 6,700 ft, the 'champagne' of teas.  Typically “Darjeeling tea” refers to a black tea that is light to medium-bodied with fruity and floral notes, and perhaps a touch of briskness. The steeped liquor usually appears light golden to a darker bronze color with a strong fruity aroma.




This is my second tea product test from this tea company, I love their packaging. 

These teas are really good.  The flavors are bold and rich.  I love comparing the different Darjeeling teas.  It is fun to have the same types of tea with different spins on them.

These are the "Seasons" blends.  Each one represents a different season, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.



The first one I tried was summer.  It has deep rich flavors.  I like my black teas with another flavor like a fruity element.   I don't normally do a plan black tea.  If I am going to have a plain black tea I will add milk to it.  Since this was a product test I wanted to try the tea on it's own- with nothing added.


I did one scoop of tea.  The water temp was 212 and I steeped for 3 minutes.


Once it steeps, this great steeper is set on the rim of the mug, and the tea drains into the mug.  I love using these kind of tea steepers to make the perfect cup of tea.


This is a nice black tea. There are several notes that come through.  This is not my normal blend, but it is nice. I would say if  you like plain black teas, you will like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment