Kolkata Chai, NYC- Nolita location, Signature Masala Chai


While in New York, we headed from Tribeca, through Chinatown, past Little Italy and came to Kolkata Chai.

I was super excited to try Kolkata Chai.  I had been watching them on social media for a few months.


I love looking down the streets as we walked.



This location is right on the edge of Little Italy.

Can you see the sign....We are on the right street.





We finally made it.  I was so excited to see the cafe and drink the chai.  I tried to chat with the staff and they were not interested. I told them how excited I was to be here and they acted like they could care less.


Here is a menu...the prices were about what I expected for New York.


The decor was cute.  But, I did not stick around too long, I didn't feel overly welcome.


Since it was so nice outside, we headed out to sit and people watch.  It was Halloween weekend so we saw all kinds of crazy and unique outfits.  It was great.


Sadly, I was left disappointed by this cafe.  The staff was not friendly.  The chai was not great.  I wanted to love this chai, I wanted to love this cafe.  But, sadly I felt this was a waste of time and money.




But, the views of the city made up for the chai.  I love the artwork and tall apartment buildings.


We then headed to Little Italy and then to the Subway for another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment