Laughing Man, Iced Chai, NYC


The weather was perfect for a walk...granted we may have taken a wrong turn once or twice, but we got there...


We started out in Chinatown, then went to the pier, the 911 Memorial and then headed to Tribeca area.


As we walked to Tribeca, the closer we got the quainter is appeared.  It was a cute community.   You felt like were suddenly in a small city.  Dads taking daughter to ballet.  Moms out walking dogs together and chatting along the street.

There was a line to get in to Laughing Man, which I figure is usually a good sign at a place.  Granted I was hoping to see Hugh Jackman who owns the coffee shop- but he was not there.



I like that the Laughing Man Foundation supports educational programs, community development and social entrepreneurs about the world.  They have fairly traded coffees too.


I thought the iced chai was good.  The price was high though. I know I was in a trendy coffee shop, so I should expect that.  But, I have to say the chai was nothing special.  And my friend got her drink and it was just okay too...and it was pricey.
But, the place was clean and the staff was friendly.  I thought it was nice and I am glad I went, but the chai was just average.


Enjoying being here....



Outside seating at Laughing Man.
Everyone seemed to know each other, I loved that.  It was like a fun community hang out.


No comments:

Post a Comment