Ohio Tea Company, Mayan Mate Tea in the a traditional looking calabash mug/bowl

Check this place out in Canton!!!



Look for the yellow teapot!  

I am in my happy place.  I love the Ohio Tea Company.




I decided to try a Mate Tea.  It is heavy with the caffeine, stronger then black tea- by over double.  There are several kinds of Mate that the Ohio Tea Company carries, I went with the one that the owner likes.


In South America they drink from a gourd, hollow calabash gourd. The straw is called a bombilla.  

went for the pottery bowl/cup.  Ohio Tea has a potter who will make almost anything for them.  They made these cup/bowls that look just like a calabash gourd.  Really cool and you don't have to season your cup/bowl like you would the gourd.



You add the tea to the bowl/cup and then add the 190 degree water.  It is ready in 5-7 minutes.  I have to wait longer, because I can not hold the bowl/cup because it is too hot.  It reminds me of the Japanese cups that are handle less.  They have no handles, so that we you can pick it up you know it is the right temperature. 

The straws have tiny holes in it, so that you only get the tea and none of the herbs.




I get the roasted flavor, which I am not sure I am a fan of. But, I like the bit of orange and the subtle bits of Cinnamon. 

When it is too hot I hold it with a towel, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment