Day 8 of working from home- featuring Tazo Ice Tea





Day 8 of working from home.  I have no fever, so I am good to go!!



I love tea, so I want to share a different tea with you each day I am home.  It's the new normal for me, and I have more time in the mornings to make some tea.

Today I am featuring Tazo Passion Iced Tea.  This is a great tea, it is what they use at Starbucks.  It is so refreshing.  It's herbal and has no caffeine. 

This tea has hibiscus and is a bit tart, but not "oh my" tart.  It is a perfect touch of tart and herbal. fruity notes.  I love it ice cold.  It really is my favorite iced tea of all time!!

 

It's been 4 days since my fall...my eyes have started to swell and bruise, but they don't hurt.  I wish I could say that about my neck. It's super tender and sore.  So, today I went to see my chiropractor.  He said I had whiplash and started treating me for it.


I think that Earl Grey knew I wasn't feeling 100%, because he really stayed close today.  I didn't even make him get off the table/desk like I normally do.  I loved having him with me.


As the afternoon wore on, Earl Grey got closer and closer to me.  Finally, with about an hour left, he came right up to my keyboard and laid down.

Then in the last 20 minutes, he actually fell asleep!!!!  I need to see if I can have him make the move back to the office with me....lol!!!




So. how are you doing?  This is the start of the third week for most of us for being safe at home.  Are you feeling okay?  Are you down?  Sad? Scared? Excited? At Peace?  Joyful?

This is a time of change, but as a Christian, I have joy.  I know that this is nothing new for God.  I know that even I fear that doesn't help anything.  I can not change anything that is happening.  I know I have to trust God in all of this. I have joy and I want to be joy to others. 

I hope you can find joy in things that are going on around you.  If it is hard, start small.  Think of the positives.
You are awake and it's a new day, start there.  
If you have family at home, think of the blessing of being with them. 
You are home alone, find peace in the quietness.
Are there projects you've been putting off, be happy you now have the time to work on them.
Love to cook or bake?  Maybe make extra and share with a neighbor, give them some joy...drop it on their porch..social distancing.
If you lost your job, think of the excitement of starting over with a clean slate, of trying something new.  Maybe spend this time researching or learning a new trade.

I know it is not easy to always have joy or be at peace.  But, being a Christian I know I am not alone.  I know that God is there for me.  I can rest in Him.  In His word He tells us so many times He is there for us.

Here are some encouraging words from the Bible for you:

Matthew 6:25-27  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”

Matthew 6:34  “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
Matthew 11:28-30  “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Luke 12:25  “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his  span of life?”
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. “
Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."
Hebrews 13:6  So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”

I hope this helps. I hope you can be encouraged!

Hope you are finding joy and sharing joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment