Day 11, Featuring Cardamom & Curry, White Ganges Tea



Day 11 of working from home, fever free, so I am cleared for work!!

Today I am featuring Cardamom & Curry Tea.




White Tea – Cardamom – Pears – Lemon Peel – Cinnamon – Ginger – Cloves – Black Peppercorns

WHITE TEA
"White tea is the least processed tea with the highest level of antioxidants. Antioxidants are the nutrients that protect the body from damage by free radicals. One study showed that white tea has the most potent anticancer properties compared to more processed teas. It can also help lower blood pressure since it thins the blood and improves artery function." from the website


Today, I went with this healthy white tea.  It is light and delicate with notes of citrus but has a bit of kick with the black peppercorns.  I love it.

With a white tea you want a low temp for your water, no boiling.  I would say less than 170 degrees.  The steep time can vary.  I like to get multiple cups of tea from one serving, so I steep for 2-3 minutes.  Since it is a more delicate tea you can steep it longer if  you want, but I would not exceed 6 minutes.  The main thing is to not get you water too hot.  If you get your water too hot, you will bruise the tea leaves and it will be bitter


I actually got 3 really nice cups of tea out of one serving. 

When  I bought this tea, I loved talking to the man who sold it.  He as telling me about all the natural and healing properties that are in their teas.  I like that.  I drink tea because I love the taste and I love the naturally wonderful items that they add.



Hope you are finding joy and sharing joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment