Day 9, Featuring Dragonfly Tea Room, Raspberry Oolong Tea


Day 9 of the new normal, working from home.  I have no fever, so I am able to work.  Can't believe it is the last day of March.

I got this tea at the Dragonfly Tea Room in Canal Fulton, Ohio. I love this tea room.  They have the most delicious tea snacks!!!  I also think their prices are some of the most reasonable around too.  This place is so much fun!!



You can purchase the loose leaf tea at the tea room.  They have a coconut Oolong and a Raspberry Oolong that I love equally.




My favorite kind of tea is Oolong.  Oolong has a really unique after taste, I just love the notes with Oolong.  

Oolong doesn't have as much caffeine as black tea, but it has more than green tea.  Black, Oolong, Green, White, Purple, Yellow, and Pu-erh are all teas created from the same plant- Camellia Sinensis. It's so cool that one plant can make so many different kinds of teas.  It's all about when the tea is harvested, how it is dried, the elevation where grown, etc. 

Anyway, something unique to Oolong tea is that the leaves are rolled.  When the water hits them they unfurl.  Oolong water temp should be less than 200, around 190-195.  Also, you should steep for 2-4 minutes.

                        
Rolled leaves

Unfurled leaves

This raspberry Oolong is great cold too.


I made Oolong tea the same way I would normally and then I poured it over ice instead of a mug.


This makes a great iced tea.  I do not add sugar, but you can.  I like it without the sugar.  

This tea has such great raspberry notes.  Raspberry leaves are good for digestion too.  This tea has such great raspberry flavor too it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!

Hope you are finding joy and sharing joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment