Smith Tea, Ho Ho Hoji Chai

I am hosting a Christmas Tea at an Inn in December....so, I was testing out some Christmas teas.  My friend, Amy, at work is always up for trying the teas I make.


She's so good about it, I got us these matching mugs, lol.  I got one for our friend Deb too.  We love our cats and our tea too.

This is a green roasted tea, something new and different for me.


I am a huge fan of Smith Tea.  I actually met Steve Smith once while doing a tea tasting at his shop in Portland.  He drank Fez tea with my sister, her friend, and myself.  It was a huge moment for us.

This is a green tea, so you want to keep the water temp to around 175-180 degrees.  You also don't steep as long as you would a black tea.  I steep for about 3 minutes.




This is a unique green tea, but I really enjoyed it!!  It has some of those chai notes with the cardamom, Cassia (or better known as cinnamon), peppercorns, and ginger- hence it has chai in the name, lol.  But, the chocolate notes definitely give it the Christmas feel.   The roasted Japanese tea is not something I am too familiar with, but I do really enjoy it in this tea.  The roasted tea adds a honey and woodsy flavor.


I am serving this at my Christmas tea, I look forward to hearing what others think about it!







No comments:

Post a Comment