Homemade Pumpkin purée with Ohio Tea Salty Caramel Tea

**POST NUMBER 1,815**
That is a lot of posts since I started in 2013.  Thanks for sticking with me as I have fun tasting and blogging about teas.

I wanted to make my own homemade pumpkin puree.  I had tasted several pumpkin chai teas with real pumpkin puree in it and it totally elevated the tea!

I did some research on line and it seemed pretty simple. 

I took my pumpkin and cut it in half.


Once cut in half I scooped out the pumpkin seeds.  Once the pumpkin is cut in half, it is so much easier to scoop out the seeds.  When carving the pumpkin and cut a hole in the top and you have to stick your hand in the pumpkin to dig out the seeds- it is not as easy.

(side note- I did see if you have cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin to carve it, you can put a hand held blender inside the pumpkin it appears to make getting the seeds out a lot easier)



Once the seeds were out.  I rubbed the outside of the pumpkin with coconut oil and salt.

I put the open side down on parchment paper and put the pumpkins in my air fryer for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


While baking the house smelled amazing!!!  I love the smell of pumpkin!!


The insides scooped out so easily!!


I took some warming spices- all spice, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mixed in the blender.  I also then added some pumpkin spice maple syrup.


I did not measure the spices, I just added and went by the flavor as I blended.


The puree was incredible!  I could have just eaten the puree by the spoonful.

The puree can be frozen too.


I then made tea like I normally would, but then added the puree into the tea.  Oh boy!!!  It was delicious, it took it to the next level!


1 scoop of Salty Caramel Pumpkin tea.  I had the water over 200 degrees since it was a black tea.  I also then steep for 5 minutes.


Once the tea is done steeping, I added a spoonful of puree.  I stirred it in and it dissolved nicely.


The taste was fantastic!!!  It just boosted that pumpkin flavor.  I can not wait to try with chai teas and other black teas.



No comments:

Post a Comment