Pickwick Tropical Fruit

 
At Massillon's Discount Outlet store I purchased some Pickwick tea.  I remember having this tea when I was in Europe in 1997.

 
 

 
Dawn and I give this tea two thumbs up.

 
banana, mango, pineapple, and passion fruit


I have not tried this one...but I look forward to opening this!

 
I liked the tea so much, that I made iced  tea out of it. 
I took 4 tea bags and out them in a gallon of water.  Since it is an herbal tea it does not get bitter....so
I leave the tea bags in the pitcher the entire time,
 
 
 
HISTORY OF PICKWICK
Douwe Egberts has accumulated a lot of experience in creating different tea blends since 1753. This was the year Egbert Douwe opened his first small shop for selling coffee, tea and tobacco.

Until April 1937, all the teas of the company had been marketed with the Douwe Egberts brand name. At the time, the buyers received a tea box with a drawing of an English mail coach. This packaging proved to be very popular and inspired the search for an English sounding brand name for Douwe Egberts Tea.
Pickwick




Johannes Hessel was the Director of Douwe Egberts at this time and his wife loved tea as much as she loved the books of famous British writer Charles Dickens. Inspired by his novel ‘Pickwick Papers’ she suggested the name Pickwick. Since that time Douwe Egberts tea has been marketed under this brand name.

No comments:

Post a Comment