I was thinking I needed a new tea related costume this year...
I did some searching on line to find teacup costumes, but I could not find anything I liked. I then came across a beer pong costume, I had an idea that I could modify it.
This is what I come up with...
My friend said I needed to add my Kerrie's Cup Logo...so I did
Most costumes were around $40, I was excited to find one for less than $12!!!
In my hunt for tea cup costumes, I found this shirt. I thought this would be fun to wear with my cup costume- also helping people know what I was.
The cup was too long to look like a tea cup. It worked out great that at the bottom of the cup there was a seam. So I just cut it at the seam. It shortened the cup to look less like a solo cup. I then needed to add a handle. I decided using the bottom of the cup I had just cut off would be perfect to make the handle with.
I also wanted the bottom to look trimmed, so I folded it up and glued it with a fabric glue. It gave it a nice even bottom.
I wanted it to look like there was a tea bag in the cup. I bought some "string" at a thrift store for .35. I then took a box of tea and cut off the lid to look like the end of the tea bag.
For the handle I took the foam that covers pipes so that the pipes would not freeze. I actually went into the basement and took one of the foam pieces off my pipes.
I then wrapped the the foam in the bottom the cup. It is bendable and makes a great handle. I opened the side seam of the cup and added the handles. I stitched the side seams with a needle and thread, and hen glued the handles in place to secure them.
I was super easy to make the costume and cost less then $12.
fabric/craft glue- already had
needle and thread- already had
Foam handle- already had
Tea bag tag- already had
cord for tea bag - .35
A friend suggested I add my logo. So I enlarged the logo, printed it out and put clear tape on it. Then I cut it out and glued it on the cup.
In the past I had been a tea bag. I made it from a pillow case, some string, potpourri (for the tea), a cardboard tea lid for the tea bag tag, and using fabric glue to hold it all together.