Tea Cup Costume

I was thinking I needed a new tea related costume this year...

I did some searching on line to find teacup costumes, but I could not find anything I liked.  I then came across a beer pong costume, I had an idea that I could modify it.

This is what I come up with...

My friend said I needed to add my Kerrie's Cup Logo...so I did


Most costumes were around $40, I was excited to find one for less than $12!!!




In my hunt for tea cup costumes, I found this shirt.  I thought this would be fun to wear with my cup costume- also helping people know what I was.



The cup was too long to look like a tea cup.  It worked out great that at the bottom of the cup there was a seam.  So I just cut it at the seam.  It shortened the cup to look less like a solo cup.  I then needed to add a handle.  I decided using the bottom of the cup I had just cut off would be perfect to make the handle with.


I also wanted the bottom to look trimmed, so I folded it up and glued it with a fabric glue.  It gave it a nice even bottom.


I wanted it to look like there was a tea bag in the cup.  I bought some "string" at a thrift store for .35.  I then took a box of tea and cut off the lid to look like the end of the tea bag.


For the handle I took the foam that covers pipes so that the pipes would not freeze.  I actually went into the basement and took one of the foam pieces off my pipes.


I then wrapped the the foam in the bottom the cup.  It is bendable and makes a great handle.  I opened the side seam of the cup and added the handles.  I stitched the side seams with a needle and thread, and hen glued the handles in place to secure them.  



I was super easy to make the costume and cost less then $12.
Cup $11.19
fabric/craft glue- already had
needle and thread- already had
Foam handle- already had
Tea bag tag- already had
cord for tea bag - .35







A friend suggested I add my logo.  So I enlarged the logo, printed it out and put clear tape on it.  Then I cut it out and glued it on the cup.




In the past I had been a tea bag.  I made it from a pillow case, some string, potpourri (for the tea), a cardboard tea lid for the tea bag tag, and using fabric glue to hold it all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment