Medina County Herb Society

I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from the Medina County Herb Society.  They said that they heard about me from the Copley Library- a place I have never been and from the New World Spice and Tea Traders in Wadsworth.
This is my first tea for someone I have never met- I love it.  Thank you for giving me a chance!  I am really hoping and praying that this business takes off....and having people take a chance on me that have never met me feels pretty good.

When I do a tea, I always give the guests a menu.  This way they can see what tea I am using- since I don't sell any of the teas, if you like a tea I use, you now have the information of where it came from.
I also have all the ingredients, incase of allergies.
Lastly, when you see all that is in the tea, it is fun to close your eyes and slurp the tea and see if how many of the flavors you can taste.




I want to give a shout out to my friends Lavender Farm- Maple Dale Lavender!!  In Johnsville, Ohio
They started this because of a dream she had, I am so proud of her.
I was able to snag some Hidcote Lavender from her for this herb tea.


This lavender smells so wonderful!  It is a culinary lavender that will be perfect for my butterfly pea tea I am making.






Check out Maple Dale Lavender!!

Becky has wonderful lavender.  She has made lotions with her lavender that I love.  She has also made lavender rice Krispy treats that are incredible!!!! 



For my teas parties I do 5 different teas.  I can work with you on what tea you want.  


For this tea I am making mostly herbal teas since this is for the Herb Society...and they asked for 3 herb teas.






I have my Butterfly Pea tea with local mint tea from Brook Meadows tea.  I used their peppermint and spearmint blend, Ohio Tea's butterfly blossoms, and local Lavender from Maple Dale Lavender







I did a golden Milk latte with Oat Milk and Maple Syrup
I used Harney and Sons Golden Milk



I heated the oat milk and made it at home for convenience sake.  I put it in a carafe.  I also had to try it before I left.... 




I did a Lemon Ginger herbal Tea from Ohio Tea



I also did the Wadsworth - New World Spice and Tea Traders  Blackberry Jasmine.  It was a huge hit.




Then I did a black tea from Republic Of Tea



New World Tea and Spice Traders has a great set up for this kind of tea.  I had everything out for everyone to see.  And then I stood in front of them and talked and handed the tables the tea.

Since there were two tables and over 8 people, I made two tea pots of each kind of tea.  I gave each table a tea pot to try the teas as we talked about them.


They brought their own treats.  They also each brought their own tea cup.  I this is a great thing.  It saves the host having to have all the dishes...it also saves you paying me to bring tea cups for you.

If you have each guest bring their favorite tea cup it also gives you all something to talk about.  You can share where you got your tea cup and why it is your favorite.  I love this idea.  But, as always, I can bring tea cups for your group for a nominal fee. 


We talked about what flavor notes they were getting.  Were certain notes stronger than others.  
  I also had all the ingredients for each tea- Could they find all the flavors listed in the tea?
 On their tea menu I had written down the benefits of those herbs in each tea.  We talked about that too.


I also gave them tasting sheets - this way they could write down what they liked down what they liked or didn't like about each tea.


These ladies were so engaging and encouraging!!! I loved having tea with them!  
They asked great questions, they were friendly, and just a pure delight to work with.


This is New World Spice and Tea Traders in Wadsworth.  They have a wonderful selection of tea here.  




I am more than happy to host a tea party for you and your group as well.  Let me know what you are looking for...








kerriescupoftea@gmail.com
Orrville, OH


No comments:

Post a Comment