Making Mixed Iced Tea...Chamomile with Lavender and Mint

1070 1st St NE, Massillon, OH 44646
(330) 832-8006
I love Boston Mint Tea.  I am not sure if is because it reminds me of being a kid, because my mom
used to make it or if it because I really do enjoy the taste- hahaha. Either way I really do like to drink it and it reminds me
of being a kid.  The only place I can find it is Massillon Discount Outlet. 
Since I like to mix my teas, I decided to mix in some of my new Chamomile Lavender Tea.  Ohhh,
now that is a great combo!!!  I got the tea in town, but I must admit it was pricey, so next time I think I will
just order on line.  As much as I try to support local, $6.50 is too much for me to pay for some tea bags.


Personality
 Relaxing, easy to be around, reassuring.
Herbal Power
Settles your nervous system and relaxes your digestive system, especially good when stressed or tense.*
Reason to Love
A friend when the going gets tough, this herbal blend of beautiful and fragrant flowers with soothing lemon balm will stand by you when you’re troubled by nervous tension or upset stomach,* or simply when you need to step out of the stream of life for a moment and take a well-deserved break. We love this dynamic trio of gentle herbs for their ability to help you slow down and savor the moment.
Taste
Fragrantly floral and bittersweet

I like both the Lavender and the Boston Mint warm by themselves or cold in tea. 
 When I make the tea I DO NOT add sugar.  I use 3 mint tea bags and 1 lavender bag with water.  I let them steep for about 6-7 hours, and then I fish the tea bags out.  Now, you can leave the herbal tea bag in the entire time, but you should not leave the mint in the entire time, because I believe that will make it bitter since it is a black tea with caffeine in it. (I have not researched this to see if it is true, but that is my understanding) I always leave the herb tea bags in the entire time I have the iced tea container in the fridge and I am drinking the tea- since there is no caffeine in there it seems to not make it too strong or too bitter.

The tea is cool and refreshing with a hint of lavender.  I really like it.  Do not be afraid to play with your tea!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment