Sub Rosa Tea and Cold Steeping Tea


I went to the Ohio Festival at Hale Farm and Village with my sister and her boys.  It was hot, but a nice fun afternoon.  And I learned the coolest thing EVER!!!!!!
I was super excited to meet Joy and learn about cold steeping.  I can't believe in the 40 years of drinking tea I have never heard about cold steeping!!!!

http://www.subrosatea.com/

My sister I both bought the Steep and Go reusable bottles.  We love the concept.  Put tea in cold water and drink!  And it works!!!  With Cold brew you never have to take the leaves out at a certain time!  I add cold water, the leaves, drink, refill with water, drink, refill with water, and repeat!  I can add water 4-5 times with our ever changing the leaves!  It is incredible.  With hot steeping you have to watch the water temp and the time you steep.  Don't get me wrong, I still like my hot tea, but this is just blowing my mind right now!  I have drinking from my bottle all the time!!  Any loose leaf tea (and bags) work.  Try it!!!

Reusable Steep & Go Bottles

Available in 3 colors, the Steep & Go Bottle is your best solution to tea on-the-go.  This product is designed for the eco-conscious person to pair reusable, dishwasher-safe water bottles with loose leaf teas to make cold-brewed tea.  With no heat added, in just 10 minutes you'll brew fresh iced tea packed with antioxidants and great flavor!  And with no added sugar or preservatives, you can feel confident knowing exactly what you're drinking-fresh tea!

For multiple infusions, simply add more water to make this reusable filter even more economical and eco-friendly.  And when cold-brewing, tea doesn't oversteep or get bitter.  Steep& Go will transform the way you stay hydrated!

They also had all kinds of teas to try.  they were selling 3 for $10.00.  It was a nice way to try some of the different teas.

Hale Farm!

My sister and nephews were picking out their teas.

Here is my bottle all washed and ready to go....

How to use the Steep & Go

1. Add 2-3 pinches of loose leaf tea to your 16 oz water bottle.
2.Insert Steep & Go.  Screw to tighten.
3. Shake to mix the leaves
4. Wait 10 minutes, pop the lid, and enjoy!









*This one might be my favorite!


I think of all the teas I bought the blueberry is my favorite one.


You are going to see me all over sporting my water bottle with the floating loose leaf tea in it.  (But, just so you know, I have tried tea bags and they work too)  The filter is nice so you don't end up drinking any of the loose leaves.  It is a great invention!!!




As  you can see Sub Rosa Tea has lots of varieties to pick from.  I thought it was so fun I went on line and I bought a lid for my mom and sister.
 
 
If you buy just the lid, it comes with an adapter and can be used on other water bottles.  I plan on giving them these lids with tea and a Dasani water bottle.
 
 
My sister and I both agree the draw back is that it is harder to get ice in, because of the small opening and also harder to get the tea in with our spilling.
But, all in all, we are HUGE fans!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment