Kombucha with loose leaf tea

Someone asked me the other day if I added loose leaf tea to my F1...the first fermentation process of Kombucha.  I do!!! If I made a gallon I do 4 black tea bags and then an equivalent to 4 bags of loose leaf tea.  I found these great cotton/muslin spice bags.  I bought them at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron Ohio (4 bags are $3.95 on line).  I live close, so I can shop at the store cheaper then the on line prices.  The bags are great for adding loose leaf tea into your F1 blend.


https://www.lehmans.com/product/muslin-spice-bags


They are probably cheaper on line at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=spice+bags



As you can see I added the loose leaf tea into the bag and tied it shut.  Then once the blending/steeping is done, I turn the bag inside out over the trash can.  I throw away the loose leaf tea, but I keep the bag!  I just rinse it out.  I can use it over and over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment