Crown College mug

I am happy to be sporting my Crown College tumbler.  I was only there a semester when it was Crown.  When I went there it was SPBC- St Paul Bible College.




1989 when I went to check out the college.

I loved my time in Minnesota and at St Paul bible College (SPBC). I picked SPBC because of the winters!!   SPBC is a Christian & Missionary Alliance College (C&MA).  I was debating between St Paul  Bible College and Toccoa Falls.  I picked SPBC because of the colder winters.  I wasn't disappointed either, we got the Halloween Blizzard my freshman year, 31" in 24 hours!
  
We joke in our family that we have all but one of the 5 C&MA colleges covered and that I need to marry someone from the California college, Simpson.  My older sister went to Nyack in New York and she married a guy who went to the Canadian Bible College.  Then my younger sister went to Toccoa in Georgia.   Then I went to St Paul.  The only school left is Simpson.  If you know a single man in his mid to late 40's who went to Simpson, let me know- lol!




I have so many wonderful memories at this college!  I met so many life long friends there, it was a great time in my life.   My major was El Ed with a missions minor.  I always thought I would be a missionary overseas, but when I dropped out of college to move home an deal with medical issues I hoped my dreams weren't dying there.  

I am only a semester away from graduation with my associates degree.  I left SPBC/Crown in 1992 when I was diagnosed with a chemical imbalance.

So far, God has not opened an opportunity for me to live overseas serving Him, but He has opened doors for me to serve on part time basis.  In 2006 I went to Africa, 2013 Spain, 2015 France, 2016 Spain, 2017 Thailand, 2018 Africa, and 2019 Malaysia.

I trust God with my life.  He knows best.  I thought I'd be married, that has not happened yet.  I thought I'd be a mom by now, but realize that isn't going to happen.  And lastly I thought I'd be living overseas.  The way I planned my life hasn't happened, but God has blessed me with so much.  I need to continue to trust Him.  It's more important for me to trust Him then for me to try to make the things I want to have happen have happen.  I've has a good stable job for over 15 years and it has allowed me to travel on the mission trips I have had.  I have a home I love, and I living near my family.  But, if God did call me tomorrow to move overseas I would go.  And who knows maybe someday He will provide a husband for me...and maybe that man will have children and I will get to be a mom.  In the "waiting" I will live my life to the fullest trusting Him.

How does this tie in to tea you ask? Someday maybe I will work overseas in a Tea Cafe , teach English and share about the love of Jesus.  Maybe I will work with tea in there states.  No matter where I am or what I am doing I will be drinking tea and sharing the love of Jesus.


SPBC College fun:





















No comments:

Post a Comment