Making Iced Trader Joe Chai, cold brew style a gallon at a time



I decided to try to make iced chai in bulk, cold brew....and it worked!!!


I like Trader Joes spiced chai.  It is spicy and not too sweet.
I took used 8 tea bags for the gallon.

With cold brew you don't have to worry about the water temp or over steeping.  You cold brew in the frig and you aren't releasing the tanins and the tea doesn't get bitter.

You can also pour the tea into ice cubes so it doesn't get watered down.

I refrigerate the water and tea bags in the gallon jar overnight.



I used 3/4 chai cold brew and then 1/4 of almond milk
Ir worked really well and I enjoyed several cups over several days.

As you can see I did not make Chai ice cubes, but next time I might.


Very refreshing. It is spicy and good.  Try it!!!




I also tried to make  hot chai and then ice and almond milk,  It worked too, but I prefer the gallon overnight method.  It is was easier and less mess.  Just plan ahead to let the cold brew have time to "steep"

No comments:

Post a Comment