Creamy Toasted Coconut, Oolong, Ohio Tea Comnpany



As you know I love the Ohio Tea Company in Canton Ohio.  I love oolong tea, it is my favorite of the teas.  I was so excited to try this tea and I was not disappointed.


Oolong tea has a unique look to the leaves.  The leaves are rolled and as the tea steeps it unfurls.  This is a beautiful looking tea.  It has a great coconut aroma.


The key to a great tea is the water temp and the steep time.  With Oolong you don't want the water to boil.  The water should be around 195 degrees.  If it is too hot you will burn the leaves and get a bitter taste, astringent taste.  You also don't want to over steep your tea.  Over steeping will also ruin the flavor and make your tea bitter.

I think that is why a lot of people do not like tea, they have not had it prepared correctly. You also need a great tea- I recommend Ohio Tea Company for quality loose leaf tea!


See the rolled leafs prior to adding to water.  Once added to water you see the leaves unfurl.  It's beautiful tea.

Oolong tea has less caffeine then the black tea, but more caffeine than a green tea.


Oolong tea is great with Chinese food.  I had this tea with my sushi and it was a great addition.  This tea is not sweet but it has a wonderful coconut tone.


I really love this tea!!!  Ohio Tea is doing a great job in making these teas!!

I wonder what would happen if they added lavender to this tea?  I would love to have an Ohio Tea tea...Kerrie's  Cuppa- a coconut, lavender Oolong would be me in a cup. 

I would want one of these fun pics on my label:
30788319978_1870b78f93_b.jpg (1024×768)
copy of an original painting by Maria Raczynska

or something like this:
5908887791_a00a0f97e3_b.jpg (720×1024)

or this:

No comments:

Post a Comment