Day 47, featuring Ohio Tea Company, Raspberry Matcha


Day 47, the start of week 10 and my final week of working from home.

I am fever free and ready to go!!

I decided to feature Matcha tea since I have not done that with you yet while I have been home.  They say to not have green tea on an empty stomach, but to wait until after 10 am.  

Citing the Boldsky’s page, here are the best times to drink green tea to get the best benefits.
1. Don’t drink too early in the morning
Drinking green tea on an empty stomach in the morning can cause bad effects on the liver because of its high content of catechins.
Green tea has compounds called catechins, so the amount of green tea consumed must be controlled. The higher concentration of catechins can cause liver damage. Drink green tea in the morning around 10:00 to 11:00 pm or early at night.
2. Drink between meals
You can drink a cup of green tea between meals, for example, two hours before or after to maximize the nutrient intake and iron absorption. If you are an anemia sufferer, avoid drinking green tea along with food.
3. Drink before exercise
Green tea can burn more fat because of caffeine in it. It can increase energy so you can exercise longer.
4. Two hours before bedtime
Green tea is not a drink before bedtime since the caffeine can disturb your sleep. It contains the amino acid of L-Theanine which makes you awake and concentrate better.
The best time to drink is two hours before bedtime because this is the lowest metabolism moment and the green tea can increase it.


I looked for at a few recipes and it seems pretty simple to make a matcha latte.  Lately, I have just been making lattes with matcha, a little water, almond milk and vanilla syrup.


 

1 tsp raspberry matcha, whisked with water that is less than 200 degrees.  Whisk until the matcha is smooth.  Then add almond milk.  I add 2-3 squirts of vanilla and then pour into a glass of ice. 


I picked up this great Matcha bowl at Ohio Tea Company


There is great raspberry flavor in this green matcha.  I am not a big matcha fan, but I know it is really healthy and good for me.  I also like the sweetness of the vanilla syrup. 


ttps://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-benefits-of-matcha-tea

1. Matcha is rich in catechins, a class of plant compounds in tea that act as natural antioxidants.
2. Helps protect the liver
3. Boosts brain function
4. May help prevent cancer
5. May promote heart health
6. Helps you loose weight
7. Matcha tea is very easy to prepare

Matcha comes from the same plant as green tea, but since it’s made from the entire leaf, it packs in a more concentrated amount of antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds.
Studies have revealed a variety of health benefits associated with matcha and its components, ranging from enhancing weight loss to decreasing the risk of heart disease.
Best of all, the tea is simple to prepare, so you can incorporate it effortlessly into your diet and give your day a burst of extra flavor.

Earl Grey thinks because I tell people that tea is so great, that he should get to try it too.


He just wants the the green stuff!


I am going to miss my cat when I go back to work!

#Kettleson

Sarah popped in for some lavender bubble tea.

My mom and dad were off to play cards with her sister and a friend...so she picked up some Bubble Tea for all to go!


#KettesOn

Find joy and give joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment