Jungle Jim’s and tea shopping

My friend and I were headed to Cincy to visit another friend...with some time to spare we did a road trip to Jungle Jim's.  I love Jungle Jim and in some ways I am glad I don't live closer, lol.


It is the most unique and fun international grocery store I have been too.  There is almost anything you could ask for and from about any country or region you could think of.


Since I am doing my Passport to Tea 2023 and featuring 12 different countries, I was in search of tea from any of those countries.




Check out these restrooms!!!!
Barb and I thought they were real port a pots!  But, once you walk in, it opens up to a giant restroom.  This was a hoot!



There are over 200,000 square feet of shopping with over 180,000 items!!


I had the most fun in the Asian isles...searching for tea and for treats from those countries.  I found some tea and treats from Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. 



Great Britain had the largest selection of teas, but most all of them I can find in most stores.  I did not purchase anything from the English area.




We spend over 2 hours in Jungle Jim's.  It is just incredible to see all the food.  If you are doing ANYTHING ethnic I would recommend a visit here.

And the décor is super cool too!  There is a real boat, a real fire truck, and so much more!


I found some fun canned teas too, Yeo's I was familiar with from when I was in Malaysia.


I picked up some Oolong, since that is my favorite kind of tea. 


In the Turkey area I saw the tea I had already purchased, so I was pleased I had bought the right tea earlier.


This is the Swiss tea that my grandpa used to get us.  I am stocked up on this, so I didn't need to buy any, but the price I thought was really good.


They had a Kombucha bar.  I was hoping they were selling their own blend.  Sadly there were not, it was GTS.  And even though I love GTS, I did not buy any.  I decided to buy some local kombucha I had never tried before.




Yes, you might need this map to get around!!!!!


These were some of the goodies I picked up for my tea classes.






Ahh, Jungle Jim's...I will see you again my friend!!!


We were only in the city for about 4 hours, but it was really fun.


Even a quick trip to KY, lol!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment