Seoul Korean Garden, Barley Tea

Headed to Cuyahoga Falls for my Wednesday Wanderings.  My friend is a teacher and had the day off for spring break, so we headed out to a place I had been once and loved and she had never been...Korean.

2559 State Rd, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223-1602


The barley tea comes free with the meal.  I have to say I really liked it!!
It has a toasted, nutty flavor.

It reminds me a bit of an oolong tea.  It is herbal- meaning there is no actual tea in this drink.


Barley tea gets 5 teacups for me!  First, it was free. lol, so the price was right. But, the flavor is fun and it went well with our meal.  The staff was friendly and helpful.  I was a fan.


Some of the food options....

This is my second time here and it was just as delicious as I remembered.


They bring you what we in the US would think of as a "salad".  These are free with the entree (it is in the black dish on the table).  And you can get as many refills as you like.  They are super delicious.
Kimchi cabbage, potatoes (My favorite), Kimchi  zucchini,
Kimchi cucumber, Fish cakes, and Kimchi Radish

I ordered more potatoes and cucumber.


I messaged my friend who I went with the first time, what she suggested I get.  She is currently out of the country, but was still able to help me order!!  Technology is fantastic!!!


I ordered the Douk-Mandoogook- which is the rice cake and dumpling soup with sliced rice cakes and beef dumpling sin a beef based soup.  My friend got the Bibimbob.

I also got us green onion pancake to share.


Very responsible price for all we got and I was able to have 2 meals out of it.
I recommend this place if you are looking for something new and fun to try or you like Korean food.  There were several Asian people eating here when we were here, which I always think as a good sign!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment