Chai Tea making class... at New World Spice and Tea Traders in Wooster

I was asked to do a chai making tea class.  The group met at New World Spice and Tea shop in Wooster.                       

They are a group of retired travel agents that started meeting once a month for tea after Covid.  They were so much fun!        

   

New World has a location in Wadsworth and in Wooster.  They are super great to work with and their new Wooster location is great for hosting teas.  Also if you just wanted to come in with friends and get a cup of tea you can. They have tea blends available and also sell Macarons and gluten free cupcakes.

They are located at 142 E Liberty in Wooster.
They are right in between Books in Stock (used books) and Liberty Street Marketplace.





First shot is in the back of the room, looking into the front of the room.  The other is from the front of the room looking back.


They have a front and a back entrance. And then at the back of the room they have this seating area that is great to hang out in.  They also have some games in the shelves that you could play too.  

*I would also recommend parking in the back.  Parking out front is often hard to find, but there is a nice amount of parking in the back behind the store.


When I got there I was excited to see that there was another lady there who had the same glasses as I had!  We both love Pair Wear. I have attached a coupon below if you want to try them and get $25 off.


The group brought their own food.  Each person brought something to share with the group.  They had scones with clotted cream.  They had salmon on rye, cucumber sandwiches, ham salad, filo dough treats, relishes, broccoli salad, and more.


They were kind enough to offer me some food as well.  I am back to being good with my sweets and sticking to my gluten issues, but I did try a small plate of food and everything was fantastic!

It is a great way to have a get together- everyone brings one thing!!



I served two chai teas.  One sweet and one spicy.  I think they were both hits.  And I served them in my cups from India.



Chai Love (black tea, ginger, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, pink peppercorns)


Vanilla Mint Chai (Black tea, natural vanilla flavor, peppermint, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, cloves, peppercorn)


There were 9 people showed up.  And one lady paid for her sister and made chai for her since she wasn't able to attend.

They brought their own bubbly as well.


I gave everyone a mortar and pestle to start with.  We talked about the spices I had for them.  I gave them each a container to put the tea in that they made as well as a recipe card to write down what they put in their blend.  They each were also given a 1/4 t measuring spoon.


They seemed to enjoy themselves with the class.


I had 13 spices as well as Jaggary to add as the sugar.  Jaggary is what they would use in India.

The base was an Assam Broken Leaf Black tea.  The spices they could select from were- Ginger, Cinnamon, Green Cardamon, Turmeric, Pink Peppercorn, Nutmeg, Cloves, Star Anise, Cumin, Coriander, Fennel, Chili Pepper, and Garam Masala.


Blending tea....



They were sweet enough to give me a gift too.  Some Bath and Body hand wash- Queen Charlottes Tea.  And then a coaster too.  
This group was a real delight.


Check out New World Spice and Tea Traders.  Not only do they have great tea, they have spices, and really fun balsamic vinegars.  They also have some local vendors that make food and have some fun art items for sale too.



No comments:

Post a Comment