TEALIGHTFUL Lemon Poppy Seed Scone Mix- Taste testing at work....


As I prepare for my open house THIS Saturday, my co-workers were kind enough to taste test these scones for me.  I made these in 15 minutes!!!!


http://www.tealightfultreasures.com/

These scones sell for $8.50 a box.  You get 9 HUGE scones.  I then cut them in half for everyone still received a nice tasting!!

I just add 3 simple ingredients....milk, butter and yogurt.






The recipe called for 6 oz of yogurt.  I was not sure how to measure that.  I had this yogurt container that had 5.3 oz, so I just added more yogurt.  (side note- after trying the scones, we decided that the scones would be even better with lemon yogurt).  I added  the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.




I lightly mixed the ingredients together.  I then made into 9 sections....each about an 1" thick...give or take.  I was at work and there was only one cookie sheet, so you can see I improvised :)


I then baked at 400 degrees for aproximately10 minutes


YUMMMMM!!!  I enjoyed mine with a cup of English Grey tea!


Cindy and Melissa gave the scones the thumbs up.  Melissa suggested to add blueberries next time.  Sounds good to me!


Melanie thought they were so good, she bought 2 boxes.  She suggested maybe a glaze on the ones she makes.  Tom said that they were not the constancy he thought they would be, but he still liked them.  he said that the flavor was very good.

Paul was a fan!!!  Dawn, Steve, Judy, Dave,and Ric were also fans of the flavor.  Taylor was a bit shy, but she liked the scones too.

Nathan agreed that the scones were a hit.

1 comment:

  1. What lucky people at work to get to try these. Eager to try them myself.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete