National Ice Tea Day, June 10, 2013

TEALIGHTFUL- Hawaiian Mist Ice Tea
For $9.00 you get 2,  1oz pouches to make 2 gallons of tea.  The tea is natural with no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors.
  I actually made 2 gallons of tea out of 1, 1oz pouch of tea.  So, really you can get 4 gallons of teas for $9.00
 




I thought I would use my new loose leaf ice tea maker from Tealightful today!  I made Hawaiian Mist for the office.  I put the loose leaf bag in the filter, added hot water and let it steep for 4 minutes.  It was not quite strong enough, I figured because the water was not boiling like the recommend, so I let it steep another 3 minutes.




I then poured the tea concentrate into a gallon pitcher and added the rest of the water.

 
I left the tea in the kitchen for my co-workers try it.  I got a mixed review.  I had one guy who really liked it, another who said it just tasted like flavored water.  Two girls added sugar and said it was okay.  Another said she liked it.  I think that we all thought that it needed more flavor, so I would let it steep even longer.  I did like the hibiscus flavor.

2 comments:

  1. I like my tea much stronger too, and Hawaiian Mist doesn't do it for me... but I love a ton of others where I can control the amount of tea leaves... :)

    ReplyDelete