Kadir Pasembor, Tesco, Iced Milk Tea



My last night in Penang, I was in search of the best  shwarmas in Penang and oyster omelettes.  My friend told me find the Viva Hawker Stalls.  Unfortunately my Grab dropped me off at the wrong place.


This was a nice refreshing drink.  It was a nice way to end my day....




Teh Tarik - Tea with condensed milk, sweet

Teh O Panas - same tea without ice
The Panas (=hot) is optional, sometimes you will get the drinks with ice anyway so you add "panas" just to make sure.
If you want a cold drink you just add "ais" to it:
Teh Ais - Ice Tea with condensed milk
Teh O Ais - Ice Tea
Important: every drink in Malaysia is by default very (very) sweet. I would recommend to order everything with the magic words "kurang manis" (=less sweet):




So, on my last day I had an adventure.  My Grab driver dropped me off here.  This was not where I was supposed to be, I was not sure what to do since I did not have wi-fi.  I could not call anyone and my Grab had already left.  I was not sure I eat here either.
I saw down the street was Tesco, a mall. I thought I would walk there, use their wi-fi and find out where the Viva Hawker Stalls were supposed to be.



I was waiting to cross the road to Tesco and I could not get the light to turn red for the cars to stop.  One local ran across the street in between the cars, he tried to get me to run with him....I said no way...but later wished I run with him!!
While waiting to cross the road a storm came through.  I mean a storm! I thought it was going to hail.  I had no place to hide, I was drenched.  I then saw an abandoned food stall.  The entry had a large piece of metal blocking the door.  I moved the metal and waited out the storm in the deserted building.  


The cars were zipping by and the water started to rise on the sidewalks.  I had sandals on, and my feet were soaked and there was grit all over my feet.  My entire body was soaked.  So, no longer was I looking to use the wi-fi at Tesco to find the Viva Hawker Stalls for the Shawarmas and oyster omelettes, but now I wanted to eat at Tesco and go home.


Finally the rain slowed down, I took my sandals off, went back to the cross walk and pushed the button to get the light to turn red.
I finally was able to run across the street, as I started out a biker ran the red light and almost hit me.  I survived and made it across the street and to the Tesco.
I ate at the KFC, they had Truffle coated Parmesan cheese chicken- I have to say it was pretty good.  I got my milk tea too.  The nice thing about Tesco there was wi-fi, so I was able to get a Grab back to where I was staying.  If I had gone to the Hawker Stall I would have had wi-fi, so I am not sure how I would have gotten home.  So, it all worked out for the best.


Just a little wet...


No comments:

Post a Comment