Meet my new cats


Chai Latte and Earl Grey

After the sad passing of my Shakespeare I needed new companions.   It was so hard to let go my cat of 16 years, but it was the right thing for her.  I didn't waste any time getting getting new cats.  I went to the local humane society shelter to check out their cats.

I knew I wanted older cats, not kittens.  I didn't crazy kittens that I needed to train, lol.  I was excited to learn that the cats were $25 off in October.

I was so excited to see this eight year old boy that was already declawed.  He was perfect to be my Earl Grey buddy.





Earl is a really loving cat.  A perfect companion. 


Earl loves to sleep with me at night and sleep on the arm of the chair when watching TV.


I asked Earl if there were any friends from the shelter he wanted to bring home, he could pick one.  But, he didn't seem to have anyone.  It turns out that he they really don't have the cats interact with one another until you pick them out.


I found this other guy that seemed super sweet, that I wanted to call Chia Latte.  The staff introduced them together and they seemed really good together.  So, I took them both.



Sadly I took Chai Latte back to the shelter.  I was given a two week trial period. And I just did not feel like it was working.



 It was super hard and I cried as I took him back.  He just was too active to Earl Grey and myself.  I was fooled the first few days and thought it would be great fit, but the more at home he felt the more active he became.  He would attack and scare Earl.  It was too stressful for me.

The Wooster Human Society has a no refund policy, but they will give you a 90 day credit.  I have no plan on getting another cat in 90 days, so my $50 credit went towards Chai and another cat that I hoped would be an incentive for someone to adopt quicker.  Chai really was  a good cat, but he just really wanted to play more than I was around for and more than Earl was ready for.  I am praying that a wonderful family gets him.

If you are looking for a fun, playful, trained cat- go to the Wooster Wayne County Humane Society and ask for Baxter!!!  (aka Chai)

 I wanted my tea followers to get a chance to meet my new companion.   Also, to let you know why Shake would not be any more of my blog posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment